Friday, February 10, 2012

Designer Profiles: Rejoy Geehan




When did you become interested in interior design? 
I have been interested in design since I was a young girl. I have an aunt with extraordinary taste and so I always LOVED visiting her home. It felt very Ralph Lauren with Blue, Carmel and Cream. She was defiantly an early inspiration.

What would you say is your design style? Your niche?
I do all types of Interior Design projects but I especially love doing Bathroom Remodels.

What is your style mantra?
I create spaces that echo the essence of who you are.


What inspired you to be a part of the ASID Dream Home?
I am crazy about the bold color scheme this year. It's very out of the box...I like that. 



How are you incorporating universal design into your room?
Lower Vanity, Non-Slip Floors, Grab Bars


Where do you look for inspiration, whether it be design or style?
Inspiration is everywhere! You can pull a color scheme from a sunset or the runways of Milan.


What is your best design tip?
Do what feels like "you".


Who is your style icon and whyt?
I love the work of Barry Dixon. His work is very layered and always interesting.

What is your proudest moment to date?
Winning Three Awards at the ASID 2011 Gala this last year.

Any advice to aspiring designers?
If you love it....go for it!

Anything else you'd like to share?
If you love what you do, you will never work a day in your life. I don't work...I create...and that never feels like work.


You can find and contact Rejoy here:

No comments:

Post a Comment